• question-icon

Suggest treatment for anxiety

Posted on Sun, 30 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: After taking any over the counter laxtives should i go sn urgent care center if the discomfort is unbearable before the laxatives start kicking in?
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thoughts on this

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

I've read your previous 2 questions, so I know a bit about what you are currently dealing with. I don't expect that the discomfort will be unbearable. However, if you are alone and feel a great deal of anxiety, it is ok to go to an urgent care clinic for support. But I think you will be ok. The laxatives that Dr. XXXXXXX suggested should not cause a lot of gas production, and it is usually the distention of the colon walls with gas that causes the pain.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh