Suggest treatment for anxiety

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Mental Health
Question: Looking for a doctor that will help me with my anxiety. I been experiencing high anxiety lately and going to a doctor in my town is very hard because I am embarrassed because I know everyone who works at the local clinic and I don't want people thinking I am weird.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
anxiety problem is treated, give me your exact location

Detailed Answer:
Hello Young lady,

Thanks for writing to us.I can understand your concern.

Anxiety disorders are very well prevalent in community. They can be treated and person can be cured from the same. To diagnose the problem detail history and mental status examination are to be done by psychiatrist. I request you that do not hesitate to consult psychiatrist. Even initially your GP can help you.You just need to discuss the problem.

Online prescription is not valid, so I can not treat you directly. I can give you my best possible help for your problem. Just narrate important details with symptoms about your mental health problem.I also can help you to find out psychiatrist near to you if you can send me your exact location.

For your information I would like to mention treatment aspect.
Best treatment of most of the anxiety disorders includes both medicines and cognitive behavior therapy(CBT).

In mild cases only CBT is sufficient. In moderate to severe cases initially medicines and then CBT is added. And later on medicines stopped gradually.
If medicines alone are used chances of relapse are more after stopping the medicines.

In medicines SSRI group of drugs(fluoxetine,paroxetine,sertraline, escitalopram) are main stay of the treatment.I prefer paroxetine. Benzodiazepines group of drugs(clonazeapm,lorazepam or etizolam) are used initially for short duration for fast symptomatic relief.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.

Dr.Chintan Solanki.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Chintan Solanki


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 2406 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,   ,   ,  
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Sertraline

doctor1 MD

Hi dr Iv been getting headaches for a couple of weeks now plus feeling week can t sleep probly and can t concentrate and feel sleepy I m on Zoloft...

doctor1 MD

I am over weight and have very heavy feeling legs and numbness/tingling in them. I sit for long hours in my job. I have anxiety issues and take...

doctor1 MD

hi I have taken zoloft for two and a half years now and have decided to stop, I have tapered off and this is my 3rd day without I pill, I have...

doctor1 MD

I have been off Zoloft since January 2012, I went through major withdrawal from it that last about 6 months by the time I started to get back to...

doctor1 MD

i have crirrocis quit drihking 2years but i have bad itching

doctor1 MD

Hi my name is XXXXXXX I take trazodone, gabapentin and duloxetine HCL DR, with oxycodon-acetaminophen7.5-325 witch I have to drug test for. I was...

doctor1 MD

I have anxiety attacks, fatigue and major depression , I am hot and cold, sick to stomach but no vomiting . Thyroid tests (THS, T3, T4) are normal....

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

176 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction