Suggest treatment for anxiety

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Mental Health
Question: Looking for a doctor that will help me with my anxiety. I been experiencing high anxiety lately and going to a doctor in my town is very hard because I am embarrassed because I know everyone who works at the local clinic and I don't want people thinking I am weird.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
anxiety problem is treated, give me your exact location

Detailed Answer:
Hello Young lady,

Thanks for writing to us.I can understand your concern.

Anxiety disorders are very well prevalent in community. They can be treated and person can be cured from the same. To diagnose the problem detail history and mental status examination are to be done by psychiatrist. I request you that do not hesitate to consult psychiatrist. Even initially your GP can help you.You just need to discuss the problem.

Online prescription is not valid, so I can not treat you directly. I can give you my best possible help for your problem. Just narrate important details with symptoms about your mental health problem.I also can help you to find out psychiatrist near to you if you can send me your exact location.

For your information I would like to mention treatment aspect.
Best treatment of most of the anxiety disorders includes both medicines and cognitive behavior therapy(CBT).

In mild cases only CBT is sufficient. In moderate to severe cases initially medicines and then CBT is added. And later on medicines stopped gradually.
If medicines alone are used chances of relapse are more after stopping the medicines.

In medicines SSRI group of drugs(fluoxetine,paroxetine,sertraline, escitalopram) are main stay of the treatment.I prefer paroxetine. Benzodiazepines group of drugs(clonazeapm,lorazepam or etizolam) are used initially for short duration for fast symptomatic relief.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.

Dr.Chintan Solanki.
Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist