Suggest treatment for anxiety
Psychotherapy is the alternative
Thanks for using HealthCaremagic.
Xanax(Alprazolam) is a very potent anti anxiety medicine from benzodiazepienes group. It also causes dependence. So it also causes withdrawal symptoms after stopping it suddenly. Better alternatives are clonazepam or etizolam.
Now particularly for your condition I would like to recommend short session of psychotherapy.In which you can learn stress relieving techniques, relaxation techniques and behavior therapy. If you are good motivated and your anxiety problems are moderate , you can be get rid of anxiety without medicines by psychotherapy. Overall cost and time will be relatively less than medicine treatment and result will also be good.
Your diet, exercises and sleep should be maintained ob schedule which can help to reduce anxiety.
So ask your doctor for this alternative.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Regards,Dr. Chintan Solanki.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for anxiety attacks
- Suggest treatment for separation anxiety
- Suggest treatment for adhdrls and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for extreme anxiety
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Suggest treatments for anxiety
- Suggest treatment for anxiety with lightheadedness