Suggest treatment for anxiety

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Question: What happened to my prev questions to the rheumatologists?
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 36 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should take antidepressant

Detailed Answer:
HI
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

In my views, there is nothing wrong in taking antidepressant. Sometime, physical disorder leads to anxiety symptoms and antidepressant would help to control such symptoms.If you are not getting benefit from cymbalta, then you can try some antidepressant like escitalopram or venlafaxine. It would help to control anxiety as well as somatic symptoms. You can also try some relaxation exercise like JPMR or deep breathing exercise.

In case, you need further help, you can ask

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist