Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for anxiety

Jun 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2496 Questions
What happened to my prev questions to the rheumatologists?
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 36 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should take antidepressant

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

In my views, there is nothing wrong in taking antidepressant. Sometime, physical disorder leads to anxiety symptoms and antidepressant would help to control such symptoms.If you are not getting benefit from cymbalta, then you can try some antidepressant like escitalopram or venlafaxine. It would help to control anxiety as well as somatic symptoms. You can also try some relaxation exercise like JPMR or deep breathing exercise.

In case, you need further help, you can ask

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor