Suggest treatment for anxiety, panic attacks, depression and mood swings
i am from XXXXXXX 24 years old boy, currently on tricylic antidepressant.
i am suffering from anxiety and depression since last 1 year.
i also get panic attacks sometimes.
i feel sad and want to cry.
i am very lean and thin, weight 46kg.
i consulted a local ayurvedic doctor, he told my personality is vata-pitta type.
he gave me dabur chawanprash and XXXXXXX medhavati which i took for 2 months but no improvement.
PLEASE prescribe me medicines and treatment that can cure my disease.
need fuether details
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and following points need clarification for further evaluation of your problem:
1. Are the said symptoms due to any:
. work/family pressure (performance anxiery)?
2. Are you married (any marital issues)?
3. Do let me know about the medicines (antidepressants) which you are taking for your problem.
4. Have you checked with other blood parametres to exclude any underlying cause of weight loss like (blood sugar, thyroid, chest-xray,ultrasound)?
Please revert back with your clarification for further assistance.
Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
2) no i am single
3) i am taking serepose 25mg tablet 2 times daily
4) i have done all checkup you mentioned all are normal, there is no sudden weight loss, i am thin since childhood.
sorry doctor i have mentioned my medicine wrong, currently i am taking DEPSOL 25mg two times daily.
doctor please prescibe me ayurvedic medicines.
Thanks for reverting back and following recommended guidelines and evaluation is/as follow:
1. Since underlying causative factor [jobless] can be one factor for your problem which result in a vicious cycle of anxiety-depression-anxiety thus if thinking of stopping the drug avoid abrupt withdrawal i.e. gradual tapering of dose is to be done or contact your attending physician regarding the same.
2. As Primary management in Ayurveda of any disease is 'treatment of cause' [probably being jobless in your case] which can be reverted thus Secondary management is the best option which can be incorporated in your daily life:
i. Because panic attacks are repeatable [depression] which means you feel endangered and unable to escape which means there is ‘fear of fear’ i.e. vicious anxiety- panic attack- anxiety cycle, and because other medical conditions are normal/excluded thus:
. practice relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation and also Pranayam which will strengthen the relaxation response of body as opposite to stress response during panic attacks, don’t try to flee away from the situation which will reinforce the perception that your panic attacks are unbearable [remember they are uncomfortable but not life threatening], allow the symptoms to pass and you will gain ability to cope with them
. Stretching Yoga poses [Dhanurasana, Matsyasana, Janu Shirsasana, Paschimottanasana, Hastapadasana], hot shower and massage are simple techniques to overcome muscle tension from anxiety]
. Since the said problems can be grouped under major generalised disorder, Dietary Regime and Lifestyle management along with Medicine is initiated from my side according to “manovaha srotas vyadhi”
. Avoid: alcohol, pepper, spices, mustard oil, pickles, rye, spicy food, anger, grief, fear, late night waking, garlic, ginger, onion
Take: mint, coriander, tomato, and cumin, plenty of water, vitamins and mineral supplements, apple, banana, grapes, dates
. Lemon juice mixed with sugar in a glass of water helps release stress removing hormones from the body and bring mind at peace/rest. And eat 2 spoons coriander seeds with 2 spoons of sugar candy.
. Apple, almond, banana, broccoli, cantaloupe, melon, carrot, cashew nut, corn, cauliflower, grapes, guava, lemon, XXXXXXX orange, pineapple, soybean, spinach have anti oxidant and detoxifying properties so take them in plenty.
. Prescription drugs and procedures available for your problems are: sarpagandha, khus, jatamansi, bramhi, kevada, vacha, tagar, amla, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ras, mahakalyanak ghrita, manasmitra vatkam, XXXXXXX vati, mann XXXXXXX vati,Ashwagandharishta, sarasvatarishta, stresscom, nasya karma
PS. Since drug therapy is generally only a palliative treatment, we have to look at cognitive and behavior strategies and especially nutritional strategies. I do recommend behavioral practice, whether it’s yoga, or meditation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for neurotic depression with acute panic attacks
- Suggest treatment for depression and panic attack
- Anxiety depression panic attacks
- Suggest treatment for anxiety with acute panic attacks
- Suggest best possible treatments for anxiety and panic attacks
- Having depression anxiety and panic attacks suggest ayurvedic medication
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks and anxiety
- What is the treatment for anxiety and panic attacks
- Treatment for anxiety disorder and panic attacks
- Anxiety panic attacks symptoms of depression