Suggest treatment for anxiety, nervousness and palpitation

Dr. Ashish Mittal

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: i am feeling anxiety,nervousness,palpitation since 22nd of july when my ignou bsc nursing form was rejected,1 day after i retuned from baisno XXXXXXX i am engaged with a doctor and soon getting married
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
• 28 years old female
• Complaints of Anxiety symptoms (anxiety, nervousness and palpitation) for 8 days after stressor.
• Currently on Alprax 0.25 mg for 3 days.

Your symptoms are only 8 days old and started after stressor (rejection of BScN form and Fatigue of travel). This condition labelled as Adjustment Disorder with predominantly anxiety symptoms.

In treatment following steps will be helpful:
-Ventilate your stress to close ones.
-Problem solving: Rather than worrying about admission, try to search current options available for admission at other places and start applying. If not then accept reality and wait for next admission process.
-Eat healthy diet. Avoid excessive use of caffeine (Tea, coffee and cold drinks).
-Sleep regularly. Fix sleep and wake up time. Start daily morning brisk walk for relaxation.
-Continue alprax 0.25mg half in morning and one in night for 10 more days then slowly taper (0.125mg every 2nd day) it.

You will get well soon. Now :-)

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.