Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for anxiety due to obsessive intrusions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 1525 Questions
Hi Doctor, I'm 25 years old, I need to get advise from a Psychiatrist for something complicated please help am 25years old male from a normal family in kerala and am in a relationship with one girl who loves me deeply and sincerely that i know very well.I want to marry her and make a cute family which we both are dreaming of now.Even i had relations which is like an infatuation nothing went to physical and she is the only one I loved more than anything in this world and in all aspects and that's the reason it went to both mental, physical and sexual hieghts.My problem is her past relationship is haunting me alot, to make it clear her sexual relationships.Im killing her everytime with all these nasty questions which no one will ask to a women and still she stays with me as she loves me that much . Sometimes all of a sudden I will start thinking of her past and I will visualise it in my mind that how she had sex with that guy and I will start asking questions and fight with her.She told me clearly that she had all these happened as a nightmare before our relationship itself,that time I was ok and after so many months wen we plan for our marriage am creating this is an issue. Seriously doctor I need to get out of this some how and live a happy life with her.When I start thinking my heart beat is rising then I don't know what all I ask her. .I feel like to cry when am writing this to you..I dreamed of a virgin girl in my life that's true but wen I met her she is my everything and no one else can be on her place. Please save me and my life
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please consider starting on medicines Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing wwww WWW.WWWW.WW for help. I can very well understand what you are going through. There are two things to consider. You should appreciate that your Girl Friend is honest and told you that it was a night XXXXXXX experience before your present relationship. She is very sweet and loves you so much. If you keep on asking such questions, her patience will run dry with disastrous consequences. Second, do you feel she is at fault or guilty,unfaithful ? or you know thinking the way you are is not the right thing, and you want to get rid of these thoughts? If these thoughts are against your will , you may need the help of some medicines called SSRI like fluvoxamine. I also see such cases in my practice and the results are wonderful. For this you should consult a local psychiatrist and discuss. Any more queries are welcome Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for anxiety due to obsessive intrusions? 40 minutes later
Not at all doctor, she begs me for a life with me and at times I feel am ok but when her past haunts me am uncontrollable.In my mind I see her doing sex with that guy like in a porn movie and I didn't even know this guy .She is truly faithful and sincere and even I'm also, doctor advise me what should I do when this thoughts starts haunting my mind?? Do I need to change myself? Do you think am a bad guy for a sincere girl like her ?? please help
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 1 hour later
Brief Answer: please consult a local psychiatrist Detailed Answer: Hello The disturbing mental imagery you just described is called obsessive intrusions. You must understand that it is not your fault nor are you a bad person. It happens due to a chemical imbalance in the frontal area of your brain. About 5-7% individuals in general population have similar problem so you are not alone ! Although there are non pharmacological techniques to st such thoughts! my personal experience is that they work best in combination with medicines I mentioned before. Anyway, you have to go to a psychiatrist to learn these techniques so I suggest you to consult a local psychiatrist . If still you have problem, you can contact me for help Any more query is welcome Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for anxiety due to obsessive intrusions? 1 hour later
Doctor Is that possible for you to advise me that non pharmacological techniques so that I can try ?
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thought stopping Detailed Answer: Hello I have already explained that in my experience, it works best in combination with medicines like SSRI . Still, it consists of wearing a wrist band , pulling and leaving when such thoughts come to mind. This method causes mild pain and say"STOP" with in the mind. this works in some people ,may not work in others. but I again repeat, medicines are the best remedy. Good Luck DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor