Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Question: Peace, mercy and blessings of God
Greetings to those in charge of the site and reward you with good for what you are doing to serve your brothers.
I am a man age 41 years and for a long time and I am afraid of death and disease, and aviation and despite my every year and I am not afraid of flying.
I always came to me suddenly cause of death while I pray in the mosque behind Imam surprised the idea of ​​death, and I try to be finished the prayer to escape from the mosque and heading towards the house (this case I have more than 20 years).
8 months ago, I grew a fear of severe and I'm in a barber shop while I was shaving and taking a sweat me and blows my heart accelerates not finished shaving and left the shop and I felt dizzy and like a faint XXXXXXX and I have been at night trying to warm my limbs, but to no avail and I went the next day to the hospital and told me that the compressive high and needed for medication to lower it and three days after I checked the hospital after a dizziness in the head and was compressive 160/110 and described to me a medicine called for Otaڤan 5/160 and after stabilizing pressure on the 130/84 returned concern in terms of health and Adttrt to raise the dose to 160/10 of the same drug was then substituted into Eisenberl 10 mg and now proven pressure, but I am a permanent sense that I have a disease is discovered Although my visit to several consultants and the various disciplines and the work of various tests, but I am still in fear and anxiety, and is now afraid troubled, because I started to forget some of the names and remind her after Houdat or minutes at most times, but rarely type as I have a lot of confusion when you see one for fear of error in his name as I became moved away from the marital cohabitation for lack of desire and the lack of pleasure.
After this suffering and confirm that the doctors and blood tests to detect the physical sound all decided to go to a psychiatrist and told me that I have anxiety disorder.
He described to me a medicine called Escitalopram20mg
But I did not I address please help me I am confused about what is Chkhiskm to my case.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Anti depressant is drug of choice in your case

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX
Welcome back to Healthcaremagic.

I read your query word by word and affirm that this is anxiety disorder. As you are aware the anxiety disorder is characterized by excessive concern about one or another thing. Many of the patients with anxiety problem present with excessive sweating, palpitations or pounding heart and dryness of mouth along with fearfullness or fear of dyeing.

As your psychiatrist told you the antidepressants class of medicines are drug of choice for your problem. Escitalopram is one of the antidepressant which is commonly used for anxiety problem. Ideally it should be started with 10 mg and should continue with this dose for three to four weeks before increasing the dose to 20 mg per day. During the initial days it is advisable to prescribe benzodiazepines group of medicine as escitalopram takes some time to act.
The other option for treatment of this condition is talk therapy or psychotherapy. If you find a psychologist in your town than seeking a consultation with him is a good idea. He/she will guide you through the strategies to manage stress.

'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help".
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 27 minutes later
Thanks Dr
So, You confirm my case as an anxiety disorder.
Can you help me with the option that you mentioned above (can I talk with you by Skype or XXXXXXX ) and take a session with you.
Advice me please
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes it is

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX
Welcome back.

With available description it is clear that this is anxiety disorder as it meets the syndromic criteria of anxiety disorder and there is definite irrational thoughts which making you more fearful.

Yes definitely you can take a session with me but still my advise is to see a local therapist. Commonly I could not interpret the emotional variation over the phone or over skype which are almost essential for any kind of psychotherapy.

In case you do not find one in your town feel free to contact me. You can google me " Dr Ashok Kumar, psychiatrist Lucknow" to get an appointment for online consultation.

"If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health".