Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder
Can you please provide more details?
I read your query and can very well understand your distress associated with the symptoms that you are manifesting.
From what you have mentioned, it seems you are worrisome and as a result are not able to concentrate as well as relax. This is suggestive of anxiety disorder. In addition, you seem to be manifesting depressive symptoms as well.
You have been on quite a number of anti-depressants. I would have liked to know the dose and duration for which these were tried. Since you have mentioned that he medicines have been changed quite often, it is necessary to understand if they have been tried at adequate dose and duration. You also haven't mentioned the current medication that you are on (with dosage).
I can very well understand when you say that you feel lost. But trust me, every problem has a solution. We just need to analyse it from a different point of view. Had I been your psychiatrist, I would have tried a medication like venlafaxine (after evaluating that all others that you have mentioned had been given for proper duration at optimum dosage). In addition, I would have offered you cognitive behavior therapy. It consists of sessions focusing on learning relaxation and changing the pattern of mal-adaptive thoughts that we often harbor which causes problems.
I hope you will provide me with more details regarding your treatment so that i will be able to help you further.
Wishing you a speedy recovery,
Dr. Sunil Gupta
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for panic anxiety disorder
- Treatment and cure for generalized anxiety disorder
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder
- Treatment and cure for phobic anxiety disorder
- Treatment and cure for extreme anxiety disorder
- Anxiety disorder treatment centers
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder and pots
- Generalized anxiety disorder treatment
- What is the treatment for anxiety disorder
- Suggest treatment for generalized anxiety disorder