Suggest treatment for anxiety caused during treatment of abdominal tuberculosis

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi, I am a patient of abdominal tuberculosis.
I have been taking my TB medicines for a year now, as prescribed by my doctor. I also have an anxiety problem, mostly related to tests and doctors, so I'd really like to avoid them. I'm not taking any medications for anxiety. Nor am I taking any other medications.

I will complete a year of taking my medicines this months end. My fever stopped 3 days after I started taking my medicines, I have been taking all my doses on time each and everyday, my stomach cramps ended around last year December and I feel and look much healthier than I did last year. As far as side effects are concerned, I got my liver function tests done and all of them were fine, apart from that no other side effect has been noticed.
My diagnosis was done after 2 tb tests (skin test and blood test) which both turned out to be positive, a ct scan and a fluid test, all of which indicated tuberculosis.
I do not want an unnecessary top to the doctor nor did he ask me to come to him. I feel scared of getting more tests done, please tell me if I can stop my medicines now after an entire year taking all my medicines religiously and feeling much much better? The last time I went to the doctor he checked my stomach and said it seemed fine now.
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can stop but with advice of your doctor

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using healthcaremagic .com.

First of I like to congratulate you that you took all your medicines as prescribed by your doctor.

In my view as your doctor found everything normal during course of treatment which indicates you are almost cured with abdominal TB. Despite that it is never advisable to stop the treatment without medical advice. I know that it will create some anxiety problem for you but the risk associated with not visiting your doctor is high in compare to the imagined anxiety. He may need to do repeat biochemical tests to confirm that everything is fine. When there is some residual symptoms than the need for abdominal CT arises.

'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help".
Thanks