Suggest treatment for anxiety attacks
This is panic disorder
Hi, thanks for your query. welcome to HCM.
I have read your concerns and shall answer accordingly.
Seroquel causes qTC prolongation so that may be the reason why your symptoms got worse.
You have been experiencing the anxiety attacks that are called panic attacks. Symptoms usually increased to peak within 10 minutes and subside within next 10 minutes. You need to calm yourself by doing breathing exercises and relaxation techniques.
Apart from these for instant relief you can also take drugs like mouth dissolving preparation of clonazepam. You are taking plain preparation of clonazepam.I usually give mouth dissolving preparation as as and when required basis to my patients in addition to the oral dose of clonazepam.
Xanax is a alprazolam which a similar drug to clonazepam but has short half life and high potency, So this might be the reason why you have been relieved from anxiety symptoms rapidly. Xanax has high habit forming potential as compared to clonazepam, because of the short half life. You can ask for switch between two drugs, to your prescribing psychiatrist.
Shift workers are always having problem with sleep. So other symptoms of fatigue, lethargy, depression are all somehow related to it. For maintaining your sleep wake cycle, you need to take drugs according to your possible sleeping time. You can also go for melatonin increasing drugs as per advise from your psychiatrist. The timing of these drugs will change depending upon your shifts. Melatonin agonist is ramelteon. Another antidepressant that may be helpful to you is agomelatin which primarily acts on melatonin receptors and relieves depression as well as regulate sleep wake cycle.
Serotonin is good drug. It is antidepressant as well as antianxiety drug, so it will be helpful to you.
Discuss all these issues with your psychiatrist.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have further query then feel free to ask.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Post coital anxiety attacks
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety attacks
- Again experiencing anxiety attacks and need medication suggest
- Getting frequent anxiety attacks treatment
- Suggest treatment for anxiety attacks
- Depression anxiety attacks having ptsd fibromyalsia treatment
- Taking klonopin for anxiety attack
- Celexa and anxiety attacks
- Side effects of anxiety attacks
- Lexapro and anxiety attacks
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks and insomnia
- Does Keppra have anti OCD effects?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and warm and itchy skin
- Suggest remedy for anxiety during alcohol withdrawal phase
- Is there a safe medication to decrease libido?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- Suggest an OTC medicine to calm anxiety and chest pain
- Is it safe to have Edronax and Pristique together?
- Can tapering from drug Klonopin cause coughing and excess secretions in...
- Suggest treatment for adult ADHD and ADD