Suggest treatment for anxiety attack

Posted on Mon, 14 Apr 2014 in General Health
Question: I am suffering with about 2 anxiety attacks a week and it always happens at night time I am on Zoloft but it does not seem to cure the anxiety I also take Ativan is there some thing else I could take as I am getting scared to go out in case this happens to me iam on 150 g Zoloft and same times Ativan 1m twice daily
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: .... Detailed Answer: Hi there. Thanks for writing in. Do continue to take your medications as prescribed by the physician. I'm assuming all your investigations like Hemoglobin , blood sugars, thyroid levels,renal functions are normal. if not checked already, please get it checked. In addition, please do the following measures: I would advise you to do regular exercise 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. Exercise releases a lot of endorphins, which will make you feel good and energetic. Sign up for yoga classes or relaxation classes.It will help you relax and make you feel better. Read a lot of inspirational and motivational books ; eg. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Listen to good music ;eg Pharell XXXXXXX ..... HAPPY I mean whatever music that you enjoy. If you have good friends around, talk to them about your problems. You will feel much better when you can open up. Regards, Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan
Follow up: Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 15 minutes later
I have been taking the ativan when i have them but just one would it hurt to take more than that perhahs in instead of taking in the day just take them when having attack they are 1 ml only so read up that some people take up to 3 when having attack regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 9 hours later
Brief Answer: .... Detailed Answer: The maximum dose of Zoloft per day is 200 mg. The maximum dose of Ativan upto 4mg per day. However, increasing the dosage of the drug should be done only after consulting your treating physician.
Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan