Suggest treatment for anxiety and stress

Excellent

Addiction Medicine Specialist
Question
Hi doctor

Hope all is well.

I am having a issue.

There is a unknown stress although I have known stress in my mid.

Have a medium low hyperventilation.

I have to explain the syndromes.

Thanks
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction

Answered by Dr. Preeti Parakh 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,

Welcome back!

Rapid breathing indicates anxiety which is a common result of stress. These kinds of ups and downs are common in life. These can be managed by either medicines or non-pharmacological methods.

Among medicines, both Rivotril and Xanax, which you were taking earlier, can help overcome this temporary problem. Inderal also helps control physiological signs of anxiety. Among non-pharmacological methods, deep breathing exercises and relaxation exercises are effective.

Please let me know your problem in greater detail and the medicines you are currently taking so that I can help you better.

Best wishes.

Dr Preeti Parakh
MD Psychiatry