Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
Am going through sleeping disorders in the night, anxiety.
I have cholesterol and taking rosavel F for the same.
I have gone through internet and came to know that Rhodiola supplement would be helpful for my issues.
I would like to take this supplement.
I need advice from you whether this can be taken? If yes can i take it from biovea.com
As this is the only place this supplement is avaliable in XXXXXXX
Your reply is highly appreciable.
Anxiolytics are more useful than rhodiola.
Hi XXXX, myself Dr Kaushal Bhavsar, I am practising in XXXXXXX
In my opinion you should consult psychiatrist first rather than go for rhodiola. Since you are young and you have not consulted any doctor I will not suggest you to directly start rhodiola. There are many good Anxiolytics are available now. They are from benzodiazepine group and newer ones are less habit forming. They just calm you and induces sleep. The biggest advantage is that they are not habit forming. By consulting psychiatrist and doing counselling sessions you may identify some stress factors in your life which causes anxiety and sleep problem. So I am suggesting you to consult psychiatrist first and discuss your problem with him.
Regarding high cholesterol, stress is one of the biggest factor for rise in lipids (cholesterol). So by treating your anxiety and sleep problem you may relieved from high cholesterol.
So consult psychiatrist first rather than go for rhodiola.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to answer other queries if you have. Wish you good health. Thanks.
But to add on, i had migraine for 30 years and i have taken enough medications which were difficult to get rid off. One more reason might be my work culture. Since last 15 years my work is like of less sleep as am in IT Domain. But since last couple of months its effecting me badly.
I did go to some psychiatrist when i was out of XXXXXXX but that did not help. They gave me some sleeping pills and it did not work.
I have done lot of research on rhodiola, and feel this can help me to some extent.
Request you to advice if this can help. I have seen this does not have any side effects and 98% people having my type of problems have got well.
I really respect your advice, but atleast this time i request any medical practitioner to understand what am going through. Am a very strong person, never take these things seriously. But i feel its high time i should concentrate on health also.
rhodiola is not approved by US FDA.
Hi XXXX thanks for your query. And I still suggest you to consult psychiatrist first rather than go for rhodiola. As rhodiola is not US FDA approved. So it is not a standard molecule for use. And you are having migraine also which is also precipitate by stress, sleep disturbance, not taking food properly.
I would suggest you to do Yoga, meditation daily.
I have seen lot of patient benefitted by this. Try to follow a schedule in which you make sure to have atleast 8 hours of sleep and timely meals. And about rhodiola, in my opinion no doctor will advice you to take since it is not approved by US FDA. But final decision is yours.
If you think I have cleared all your queries, please rate the answer. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for anxiety with disturbed sleep and headache
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and difficulty in sleeping
- Have depression and anxiety have sleep problems treatment
- Suggest treatment for anxiety attacks
- Suggest treatment for separation anxiety
- Suggest treatment for adhdrls and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for extreme anxiety
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Suggest treatments for anxiety
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?