• question-icon

Suggest treatment for anxiety and insomnia

Posted on Fri, 28 Apr 2017 in General Health
Question: I live in London and came to LA for vacation. I usually never have problems sleeping and i usually dont get jet-lag but cannot sleep more than 2 hours and during the day when I feel like I can't even open my eyes because i'm sleepy I try to sleep but still cant. Started to obsess over the fact that I am not able to sleep. I think my anxiety kicked in. How can I change this situation, what im I going trough?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

This is indeed classic jet lag. The solution is simple: use melatonin. Buy over the counter melatonin 1mg (no higher than 3mg) and take this 2 hours before the time you wish to fall asleep. Then, 8 hours later, wake up and expose yourself to direct sunlight. Continue this and in a few days you will sync up to local time and sleep should be more regular and restful.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist