Suggest treatment for anxiety and depression
Make me feel so. But eveyday i go theough this battle in my head, reviewing past situations, talking to myself constantly, praying so that i stop thinking these things but these thoughts are not going away and i feel i am becoming worse by every passing day. Its like i am falling into depression because of this. I am scared of going out and facing people especially males, i fear something bad would happen and i have become very distrustful of strangers(males) and lately i have also had some disturbing dreams .. Sir i am not comfortable at all with the idea of being gay and i dont think i am and i am not able to live normally and happuly because of this life crippling thought, can you please help me ?
Thanks for your query.
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.
Important aspects of your query are:
• 21 year old male
• Duration of suffering 2 months
• Complaints of: repeated thoughts of being homosexual, anxiety and depression.
Your main problem is having repeated thoughts of being XXXXXXX which triggered anxiety in you. You are right, these repeated thoughts occur in patient because of OCD. In OCD, nature of repeated thoughts differ patient to patient, in your case it is thought/fear of being homosexual.
I have many patient who have similar complaints like you. Although they know, that these thoughts are wrong and baseless, but in-spite of that thoughts intrude in their mind and make them anxious, like in your case. But good thing is, patients improved with treatment. OCD occurs due to neurotransmitters imbalance in brain most commonly involving serotonin neurotransmitter.
There is need for treatment, if symptoms cause significant personal distress or affect personal/professional life (like in your case). Both drug and non drug treatment like cognitive behaviour therapy (form of psychotherapy) are used for treatment. Choice of treatment depends on severity of symptoms, personal preference and availability of treatment.
In drug treatment of anxiety two types of medicine used. For immediate relief of anxiety benzodiazepines group of medicines (like clonazepam) are used for short duration (due to risk of dependence). For long term relief most commonly SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) are used. SSRI takes around 3-4 weeks to show its effect, till that time benzodiazepines control the anxiety symptoms. All these medicines are prescription medicine and given after in person examination by psychiatrist.
So, do not worry. Meet psychiatrist for treatment. If you can come in XXXXXXX you can meet me personally for treatment. My website is 99doctor.com (for address related info).
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.
Wish you good health.
Thanks for follow up.
Your problem more likely obsessive thought as it is:
-You have it only in last few months.
-You don't have any history of homosexual behaviour in past.
My advice in primary reply will help you greatly. Just work on this.
All the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for mixed anxiety depressive disorder
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and depression
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and depressive disorder
- Treatment for anxiety and depression
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety and depression
- Natural treatments anxiety and depression
- Suggest treatment for reccurence of depression and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for mixed depression and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for pain depression and anxiety of my son
- Suggest treatment for severe depression anxiety adhd and ptsd
- Suggest medicines for Erectile dysfunction other than Viagra?
- Suffer from small penis, premature ejaculation and thin semen. What to do?
- Masturbate a lot. Have trouble maintaining erection and don't feel like...
- Recently not getting proper erection. Could this be due to overweight...
- Suffer from heartburn, nervousness and fast breathing. Have anxiety and...
- Suggest treatment for refractory OCD
- Suggest treatment for social anxiety problem
- Suggest treatment for unusual mental status of my sister
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- Suggest treatment for work related anxiety