• question-icon

Suggest treatment for anxiety and acidity

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My Wife was have got pain in the stomach which doctor said related to acidity.
Also she was feeling anxiety and was very restless.
Also asked for the below test
FT3,FT4 and TSH

She taken the tablet and get well but 3 weeks past and now again she get some anxiety issue in the morning or in the night.

Again and again this problem is coming and i am not reaching to any conclusion.
Her BP is fine we have monitored it also in past ECG it was fine only the heartbeat was fast
I went for full body checkup including 108 test want to share the test report and there are some figures in the result which are showing alarming.

So want to know the way forward for those any medicine would you recommend.

thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.

I have evaluated your wife's report thoroughly and could just find one abnormality that is high cholesterol levels, and that too doesn't require medicines. Just low fat diet and exercise is enough.

Her symptoms are classically suggestive of anxiety neurosis only and she needs treatment for that only.
Her slightly high pulse rate can be explained by anxiety itself.

The best treatment for this would be to practice Yoga and Meditation and this requires patience to work.

For short duration, if her symptoms are severe, you can discuss with your doctor to put her on SSRI group of drugs like Escitalopram along with anti anxiety drug like Etizolam for short duration. Second drug that can be added is Propanolol. This helps in controlling anxiety and also reduces the pulse rate.

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD

Dr. Anshul Varshney