Suggest treatment for anxiety and OCD

Question
I am on treatment for anxiety and OCD. I take Keppra as mood stabilizer (1000 mg), Lexapro 2.5.mg, Klonopin 1 mg and Amisulpride 100mg. My psychiatrist changed Keppra to Gabapentine 600 mg. The OCD reappeared with this change, and i don't understand why. Could it be the difference in the dosage between Keppra and Gabapentin?
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes,

Detailed Answer:

Keppra (levetiracetam) is considered efficacious than Gabapentin. Do discuss with your treating doctor on the reason why the drug was changed.

The most common reason for such a switch is side effects due to Keppra.

Anyway, Gabapentine also serves the purpose but does take time for its optimum action, say a week or two.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for anxiety and OCD 18 minutes later
Thank you very much for your answer!. The decision was taken because Keppra makes me feel angry and tired.
I would like to know about a good dosage of Gabapentin as mood stabilizer, because my psychiatrist hesitates between 600 mg and 1200 mg. Thanks beforehand,
XXXX

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
600 is fine

Detailed Answer:

600mg of gabapentine is fine as mood stabilizer.