Suggest treatment for anorexia

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Healthy Living
Question: Hello, I've lost weight from using true grade garcinia pills, I've been trying to gain some weight back,but my appetite has not been good, and I've been feeling fatigued a lot,i get cold very easily,my doctor said i should get a evaluation for anorexia,and also get an chest X-ray.. are you in agreement with that suggestion?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please take some time out to answer a few questions, thanks

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. If you do not mind, please do take some time out to answer a few questions in order for me to better understand your current status:

1. Please share your weight prior to the initiation of the garcinia pills, and your current height?

2. Have you ever experienced symptoms of anxiety, panic or depression? If yes, then are any of these symptoms present now?

3. Other than a lack of appetite have you been experiencing any others symptoms like nausea, vomiting, abdominal bloating, heart burn, feeling of fullness, etc.?

4. Please write to me with any other symptoms you are experiencing?

5. Have you been diagnosed with any conditions?

6. Do you experience any difficulty in specifically having any solids or liquids?

7. Are you on any medications?

8. What food or drink do you easily tolerate?

I look forward to hearing from you in order to help you accurately sir.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 20 hours later
Hello sir, first of all I'm a male not a female, it seems that when it comes to the subject of anorexia it's normally addressing with the female than a male, which struck me kind of odd that my doctor will have me to be evaluated for that symptom but anyway before the pills I was 243 pounds and now I'm down to 202 I am 59 years old and I realized as you get older your appetite is not the same but my situation is that the food that I eat is not gaining any weight to my body and I do feel fatigue sometimes but not all the time I did have a issue at one time with my blood count Beng low,that is being checked again now with my recent doctor visit taking my blood I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the situation what possibly could be the answer for my not gaining weightI am a truck driver and my eating on the road with Using my own food, then going to sleep cause me to go up to 243pds but I'm doing the same thing now and I'm not gaining the weight,so I'm very concerned ..thanks
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
List of conditions that could prevent weight gain in your case sir

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again sir.

I am sorry about that sir.

As for the causes for the difficulty you are experiencing in gaining weight, I would like to list a few of the causes that can cause such a presentation:

+Hyperthyroidism: Please do check your thyroid profile

+Diabetes: Please check your glucose profile

+Poor diet: Long gaps between meals, not eating nutritious meals

+Abnormalities of the digestive tract: There are certain conditions of the gastrointestinal tract that can cause poor absorption of certain nutrients and can lead to a difficulty in weight gain (e.g. Celiac disease, ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, etc.)

I would thus request you to visit your doctor and get evaluated for these conditions so we can initiate treatment at the earliest and help guide you to the right road to recovery. Please forgive me for the late response, I was busy with a family emergency, my sincere apologies once again.

Please do not hesitate to write to me about anything, I would love to be of further assistance.

Best wishes.