Suggest treatment for ankle and toe pain

Dr. Neel Kudchadkar

Posted on Sat, 31 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I injured myself doing a excercise tape at home.....my pain is in my ankle and in the muscles from my toes to the knee, not the knee. I can only walk about 50 feet then I have to stop because I get a lot of pain in that area. I wait till the pain goes away...then I can walk again. YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Musculo-Skeletal injury. Take ADVIL and apply DICLOFENAC, until the X ray.

Detailed Answer:
Hi!

I'm Dr. Neel Kudchadkar from Healthcaremagic and I warmly welcome you to my virtual clinic! I have very carefully gone through your questions and being your physician, I will handle your health problems quite nicely.

You have mentioned that you have pain in your ankle joint.
You have reported getting into an accident, while watching a fitness tape.
This is a very common situation and can be easily taken care of.

I would recommend that you kindly go to your local drug store and purchase some ADVIL tablets. These do not need any doctors prescription, and can be
brought over the counter. Typically, your pain should vanish after taking this
ADVIL tablet, on a full stomach. I might add that you should not take more than two ADVIL tablets a day.

Kindly ask the pharmacist at the drug store for "Diclofenac" gel. Please apply this gel to the affected areas. This does not need a doctors prescription either.

I would tell you to take it easy for a few days and give your ankle some rest.

I recommend that you take a single X ray of the ankle joint, to be on the safe side. The X ray is painless, quick and very effective in telling us, if there is any other issue.

I encourage you to ask me any further questions as regards your health problem. I will patiently answer them, in detail, one by one.

I hope this makes you feel better.

You can reach me directly by sending an email to YYYY@YYYY with "Attention: Dr. Neel Kudchadkar" in the subject line.

Kindly take care of yourself,
All the best,
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Medical Consultant
Healthcaremagic
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj