Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for anger management

Jun 2014
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2496 Questions
hi doc.
I am 29 years old. I have problem with anger.
any small small thing make me angry.
All shouting with friends and wife.
what should I do to control my anger.
Thank you
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult a psychiatrist and psychologist

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

I think, you have borderline personality traits. In that case, emotional instability is part of your personality and that would take time to be controlled. Gradually with time, it would decrease, but how much time it would take, that's difficult to tell.

I thing good is your case is, insight about problem. That would help you in treatment. You can consult a psychiatrist and try some medication like oxcarbamazepine etc. That would help you to control anger. Along with medication, you can also try some therapy in form of anger management like change the topic which make you angry, drink water or take deep breathing when you feel, you are getting angry, some relaxation exercise like JPMR etc. For therapy, better to consult a psychologist.

If you have further query, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor