Suggest treatment for anger management

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Question: hi doc.
I am 29 years old. I have problem with anger.
any small small thing make me angry.
All shouting with friends and wife.
what should I do to control my anger.
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult a psychiatrist and psychologist

Detailed Answer:
HI
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

I think, you have borderline personality traits. In that case, emotional instability is part of your personality and that would take time to be controlled. Gradually with time, it would decrease, but how much time it would take, that's difficult to tell.

I thing good is your case is, insight about problem. That would help you in treatment. You can consult a psychiatrist and try some medication like oxcarbamazepine etc. That would help you to control anger. Along with medication, you can also try some therapy in form of anger management like change the topic which make you angry, drink water or take deep breathing when you feel, you are getting angry, some relaxation exercise like JPMR etc. For therapy, better to consult a psychologist.

If you have further query, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist