Suggest treatment for aneurysm in base of skull
It is nearly the same, in both cases treatment needed.
Hi and thanks for using HCM.
I read your question and understand your concerns.
Brain aneurysm can be a very serious condition that may threaten your health.
It is a good thing it is yet unruptured.
Ay brain aneurysm should be evaluated and treated correctly.
Treatment is guided by localization and aneurysm characteristics and general medical condition of patient too.
A brain aneurysm if ruptures, poses serious risks by damaging the nearby brainstem in case of cerebellar location, or strokes in case of carotid artery location.
To say it is a good thing or not, there is need for more information about exact location and characteristics of the aneurysm an arteriography ( study of brain vessels by entering into vessels a catheter and contrasting them) is needed, so any imaging studies report will help in a better explanation about your concerns.
Peripheral cerebellar aneurysm poses minor risks regarding to carotid ones, and are treated better by surgery ( clipping), but can be treated by coiling ( endovascular procedure) if are localized into deep vessels.
Carotid aneurysm if is located into cavernous sinus ( a complex structure) is treated only by coiling, surgery ( clipping) causes serious damages.
Hope this answers your question.
If you have further questions feel free to ask.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for septal aneurysm
- Treatment and cure for ventricular aneurysm
- Aortic aneurysm and ozone treatment
- Pulmonary aneurysm treatment
- Treatment of renal artery aneurysm
- Aneurysmal atrial septum treatment
- Treatment and cure for traumatic aneurysm
- Treatment and cure for rasmussen aneurysm
- Suggest treatment for headaches cuased after aneurysm clipping
- Having abdominal aortic aneurysm grafts suggest the treatment