Suggest treatment for anemia
My doctor keeps telling me that I have a bit of anemia not related to iron deficiency. But doesn't take test or do anything at all about it. Is this just a part of getting older?
it may be sign of some disease if persist
Hi and welcome to HCM.
Certain degree of anemia can be seen in women of your age but this shouldn't be significant red count fall,not more than 5%. also,this should recover within few months. so if there is persistently anemia,you should do some tests to rule out possible gastrointestinal bleeding or kidney and liver disorders. If you notice vaginal or rectal bleeding you should see specialist,but if you don't have any symptoms then you don't have to be worried.
Wish you good XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Folic acid anemia treatment
- Iron deficiency anemia treatment
- Aplastic anemia treatment
- Asplatic anemia atg treatment suggestion
- Normocytic normochromic anemia treatment
- Sickle cell anemia treatment
- Treatment of megaloblastic anemia in pregnancy
- Microcytic anemia treatment
- What's the treatment for anemia
- Treatment of anemia with unani medicines