Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for androgenetic alopecia

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 773 Questions
Sir i face hair loss from many year , now bald patches appear in front and back of my head , suggest me any good medicine for regrow my hairs Can i take finax 1mg as previous suggestion but i heard taking finax may affect on sex health ?? suggest
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: androgenetic alopecia and its treatment Detailed Answer: Hello dear welcome to healthcaremagic . I have read your query and understood your concern. It seems you are having patterned hair loss also known as androgenetic alopecia. For this type of hair loss, you may use preparations containing combination of finasteride and minoxidil 3 percent available in lotion formulation. Alongwith you may also start finasteride in low doses. In few patients, it has been shown to affect sexual activity like decreased libido . That is why its always advisable to take finasteride in the morning. Various oral preparations containing calcium pantothenate, biotin, selenium are also helpful in hair regrowth taken along with lotion and oral finasteride. It may take around minimum of 3 months before any hair regrowth is appreciated after starting the tratment. So , you may start finasteride for your hair regrowth but preferably in morning hours. If you have any further query, you may ask me. I will be happy to help you further. Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor