Suggest treatment for anal warts
HPV 6 & 11 more common, Less chances of cancer
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic,
Ninety percent of the genital warts are caused by low risk strain of Human Papillomavirus 6 and 11. Genital warts can look like bumps or growths. Sometimes they are shaped like cauliflower. They rarely develop into cancer.
Anal warts, which is usually transmitted through sexual contact but not necessarily through anal intercourse. Rarely anogenital warts may be passed on from hand warts. It may also be from sex toys.
There are many treatment options available local application of podophyllotoxin, Imiquad cream, cryosurgery, electrofulguration and laser removal.
The treatment decided upon depends on factors such as how many warts are present, where they are, whether a home- or clinic-based treatment is preferred, etc.
Hope this will help you.
There is no over the counter drug which cures the anal wart.
All treatment options are office procedures, even for the application of podophyllotoxin you have to take appointment of dermatologist.
You can apply imiquad cream by yourself but it is not a over the counter drug, you need prescription to purchase this.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for warts on hand
- Can dettol get rid of anal warts
- Dubai doctor treatment anal warts
- Suggest treatment for palmar warts
- Not sure if it is sentinel pile or anal warts
- Suggest treatment for swollen genital wart
- Suggest treatment for itcy skin warts
- I am due to have surgery soon for removal of anal warts gp
- Can dermovate cure anal warts
- Difference between sentinel pile and anal warts