• question-icon

Suggest treatment for anal pain

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have been having pain from my anus and get anal fissures due to pain meds but this time I noticed that I have a sore lump. I am worried that it could be serious
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hemorrhoids most likely!

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
I've gone through your details.
I am a Gastroenterologist and would be addressing your concerns.

As per your queries most likely the sore lump you are taking about is hemorrhoid.
-However try to attach high definition photo of lump with follow up.Basically hemorrhoids are swallon and inflamed veins in the rectum and anus that cause discomfort and bleeding.There are usually 4 stages of hemorrhoids.

As per the protocol stage 1 to 3 are managed conservatively while surgery is done on stage 4 hemorrhoid.Asper the description given by you most likely its stage 3z

Suggestion for conservative management are-

Start taking Syp. Lactulose 10-15ml once daily before going to bed. It is one of the most frequently used laxatives, tolerated very well by patients in long terms with minimal side effects. Don't just use any stool softener.

-Secondly, instead of using PreprationH use a combination containing contains Calcium Dobesilate, Hydrocortisone, Lignocaine, and Zinc. It will provide much better relief marketed as brand name Ruticool.

Thirdly, request your gastroenterologist to prescribe you with oral Calcium Dobesilate-Doxium therapy for 3 months. Initially twice daily for 21 days followed by once daily for 10 weeks. Trials have shown that 3-month therapy can cause shrinkage of Hemorrhoids in almost 60% cases.

Add Metamucil/Fybrogel to your regimen. It's a natural laxative containing husk. It absorbs water from the intestine and swells up making passage of stool easy and add bulk to stool.

-A probiotic should also be taken regularly with these medicines. Probiotic improves overall digestion and relieves constipation.

However, if not relieved even after 3 months of aggressive therapy proceed for Rubber bands ligation- inexpensive and are easy to deploy. It's a daycare procedure usually done under local anesthesia. The success rate varies from about 70-80%.

Strict lifestyle modification should be followed along with medications-

Take simple organic and vegetarian home cooked low-fat food for few days.
Avoid alcohol, smoking aerated beverages, junk food like pizza burger etc.

Take lots of probiotic rich food like yogurt.
Increase your fiber intake take oats, wheat, barley, vegetable and fruit like Pear, apple, and oranges.

No aerated beverages.
Take fiber containing easily digestible food.
Avoid red meat.
Drink a glass of lukewarm water before going to the washroom in morning.
Take Sitz bath.

Hope I provided you with the information you wanted.
In case you need further advice feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 8 minutes later
the lump internal. how long will it take to go away
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
If you follow everthing adviced above you would feel much better in 4 weeks.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
I have anusol hc but it burns every time I use it. is there something else I could use
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hey again,
Never use anusol hc on hemorrhoid it will result in ulcerstion of wound.Its a topical corticosteroid and should not be used.

Use preperation H(Over the counter).

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 11 hours later
what do I use for pain of hemeroid as it really hurt
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
For pain control take,
Diclofeanc 50 mg twice daily as and when required.It will relieve pain immediately.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist