Suggest treatment for anal mass

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Cancer
Question: Hi I have a picture of an anal mass that is not a hemorrhoid and was just biopsied in surgery yesterday and I was wondering if you could tell me if it looks like anal cancer
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. Please upload the picture.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. Welcome to HCM. I have gone through the details.An Anal mass can be anything starting from a hemmorhoid , anal tag(sentinel pile) or a tumor. Please upload the picture so that i can have a look at it.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
I just uploaded the picture. Please let me know when you receive it
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. It looks like a polyp.

Detailed Answer:
hello dear. I have seen the image. it looks like a polyp or anal wart. A polyp is a benign growth of tissue. An anal wart is again benign and related to papilloma virus infection.
However, the ultimate diagnosis will be by biopsy only.
Please wait for the biopsy results and let me know.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 9 minutes later
What about Crohn's disease? I don't have any abdominal symptoms, but I am prone to mouth ulcers and I have arthritis in my hands, and I know those two plus the mass are symptoms of Crohn's

And two more things: I don't know if this changes anything but they said I also have a fistula, and a few small skin tags

And could an anal wart really get that big?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The possibility of sentinel pile is there

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. In my opinion the possibility of crohns will be lesser if you do not have abdominal symptoms. However, if you had fistula then sentinel pile may be considered as differential diagnosis.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad