Suggest treatment for anal fissure and sphincter damage

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: After doing something extremely stupid, I have left my sphincter looking loose and stretched, is there anyway to reduce the size and the wrinkles of the anus? Would something like Preparation H help? It has been about a month since the occurrence, there was a tear and some bleeding but nothing hurts now.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Further examination by proctologist & anoscopy advised

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry for the accident you had.

Inserting a sex toy into anus or having anal sex is always complicated with anal fissure or tear.

Anal sphincter will be also involved with losing its normal morphology and function.

I have gone through the photos you provided and what I suspect is weakness of anal sphincter.

At this point, I would suggest to get further examined by proctologist as this has been going on for a month now.

Prep H will help subside the symptoms of tearing or fissure. While it won't help much with strengthening of anal muscles.

A good evaluation of anal sphincter is needed first together with anoscopy. Then, it will be decided on specific treatment.

Hope it was of help!
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 46 minutes later
Thank you for your reply.

Is there anyway to make the sphincter less....ugly? The outer skin is what bothers me the most. And I can't stop thinking about it. Is there like a cream or something that could help shrink or tighten the skin?

For medical procedures are there any out there that can restore the sphincter?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Many alternatives to consider after consultation with proctologist....

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

For the moment, you need time for the correction of sphincter damages to take place.

As I said earlier, you need to evaluate if the sphincter is damaged, the degree of the damage to determine the right therapeutic strategy.

I think you need immediate evaluation by proctologist for the moment before thinking of treatment.

All the best!
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 18 hours later
So there are no creams or gels that can help? Like some kind of healing lotion or something?

then there would be a way to help reduce the size of the sphincter and repair it if I were to go the proctologist? I'm just wondering because I'm afraid there won't be a treatment or solution available and I'll be wasting my money and time.

Going to a doctor isn't a very viable option right now due monetary concerns and I'm worried about the cost if surgery is needed.

The specific doctor that would help deal with this kind of situation is a proctologist right? Would a gastroenterologist be the same?

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prep H,Kegel's exercise,local hygiene,avoiding constipation as solutions...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

1. Your case is solved by a surgeon called proctologist. A gastroenterologist will give possible options that you are currently following (prep H, Kegel's exercise, local hygiene; avoiding straining and constipation).

The surgeon (proctologist) will evaluate your problems from surgical point of view and decide if you need surgical intervention.

2. If no leakage, if no fecal incontinence and no pain locally, and from what I've seen in the photos you provided, there is no sign for tearing of local skin or fissure. It is true that you need time to restore the normal function of anal sphincter muscles.

3. I understand your financial concerns, but, usually, such cases are considered surgical issues. If you can't afford to consult a proctologist then can do an anoscopy at least.

Hope it was of help!
Dr.Albana