• question-icon

Suggest treatment for an insect bite on the arms

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been being bites at night for two weeks. The bits are very red and mostly on my left side. I went to the doctor the first week as one bit was near my right eye. She had no idea why
Or what it was. I than have 18 more bits only on to arms and back. They itch and the size run from small and red to half dollar. I've had perple in they said there was nothing there. I have spent a great deal of money and cleaned until I'm sick, trying to get ried of this. I 70 years and I can't do this any more. Please help!,,
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Either insect bite hypersensitivity reaction or eczematous rash, Topical steroid and antihistaminic would be helpful

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic,

I have gone through your complaints and according to me, it is either insect bite hypersensitivity reaction or eczematous rash.

I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.

Meanwhile, If I were your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like Cortisone cream on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 19 minutes later
That is not. Helpful as I'm already doing there things
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload pictures please

Detailed Answer:
Then please upload the pictures so that I can have a closer look at your lesions and can guide you accordingly.

You can simply upload/attach them to the reports section of this web page. Alternatively, you can also e-mail them to YYYY@YYYY by keeping the Subject as ATTN:Dr Asmeet, and I'll receive them.

Awaiting

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist