• question-icon

Suggest treatment for an enlarged prostate

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have an enlarged prostate non cancerous. i self catheterize
I am loosing weight though eating and drinking normally.
My stomach is swollen and rather firm.

what can the cause be?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to revaluate

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the fact that you are known to have Enlarged Prostate and now loosing weight in spite of normal diet.

This could be due to chronic back pressure changes in kidney causing increase of Creatinine in blood .and needs to be reevaluated .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
4) Renal function tests .
5) Uroflowmentry .

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

1) Urine routine and culture.
3) Serum PSA.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist