Suggest treatment for an allergic reaction to Lamictal
Gabapentin is most likely for the pain!
I have reviewed your information fully.
1. This rash is suggestive of a possible reaction to lamicital and this is well established. I would have loved to review an image of this rash and if that is possible, kindly send one to me. To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.
2. Gabapentin is used for nerve related pain. This is the simple reason why the drug was prescribed and less likely to be related to the pain related to the rash. Gabapentin is the ideal drug for neuropathy and that's the justification here. This could not have been in anticipation of withdrawal seizures. A big no to that.
3. What is it that your doctor hasn't been doing? I might be able to help you address the worry. Also, if the doctor seems not to fight for you, changing doctors is not impossible and could be the last option if nothing else works.
I wish you well. I hope to hear back from you at your earliest convenience. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction due to singulair dose
- Treatments to allergic reaction to astroglide
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to gentamicin
- Suggest treatment for throat pain caused by allergic reaction
- Allergic reaction to bactrim treatment
- Allergic reaction to neosporin treatment
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction on the perineum
- Suggest treatment for idiopathic allergic reaction
- Allergic reaction to naproxen treatment
- Suggest treatment for skin rash due to allergic reaction