Suggest treatment for an abnormally small jaw
I'm very worried about the aesthetics of my face and I'd like to know the problem and the solution for that, I should mention that since an early age I've been retracting my jaw forward and lower to make it seem bigger and more normal.
I've already had braces for around 9 months a few years ago, is there any other option except surgery?
also if not, what sort of surgery am i supposed to ask for, and to whom do I go?
Genioplasty, mandibular advancement, braces, investigations.
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query and the image.
As far as the small jaw is concerned, it can be because of the micrognathia or condylar hypoplasia.
Nothing to e panic, it can be treated with combination of braces and surgery. Either you can go for a simple genioplasty or mandibular advancement surgery depending upon the defect you have. This defect can be found out by the following radiographs.
You need to consult an orthodontist and oral maxillofacial surgeon and get yourself examined. We need to do some investigations like OPG, Lateral cephalogram and do some analysis, Later we can tell you exactly what type of surgery you need and whether you need braces along with this or not.
There are no other options other than surgery.
I hope i have answered your query. If any queries are there, reply me back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Small red bumps on face suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain in lower jaw and bottom teeth
- Suggest treatment for sores in liptongue and jaws
- Suggest treatment for severe jaw and inner ear pain
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for abnormal tsh and elevated thyroglobulin
- Suggest treatment for jaw infection
- Suggest treatment for jaw pain due to tooth infection
- Suggest treatment for small cut on hand
- Suggest treatment for locked jaw