Suggest treatment for amoebiasis caused by entameba histolytica

Question
I have a Problem of stomach ache, stomach cramping and intermittent constipation for that i a went to stool test in that entamoeba histolytica cysts found nw what treatment should i take plz guide
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Metronidazole

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic .

I have gone through your query and understood your concerns.

Many a times entameba histolytica can be present in large intestine with out entering into intestinal wall to spread to other sites. Just with in lumen of intestine not causing any symptoms.

Metronidazole 500 mg is the treatment for such infection and should be taken orally 3 times a day for 10 days.This is followed by paromomycin 250 ms for 10 days three times a day or diloxanide to completely remove organism from intestine.
Side effects of these medication includes nausea, vomiting, abdominal discomfort.
After treatment stool should be reexamined for entameba cyst, to confirm cure of infection.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for amoebiasis caused by entameba histolytica 2 hours later
The medicine you wrote are easily available? Shall i take?

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs prescription

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for follow up query.

These medication needs prescription as these are antibiotics. So better to get prescription from your physician.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related queries.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for amoebiasis caused by entameba histolytica 6 minutes later
Becz i feel very heavy stomach, problem of constipation all will cure with this medicine?

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
For infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for follow up.

No, these medications are for histolytica infection. not for constipation.

Provide me more details about your symptoms to help you in a better way.