Suggest treatment for amenorrhea and PCOD
I am 26 yrs old & hv bn suffering from amenorrhea since 2003. Recently, I hv bn diagnosed with PCOD. My gynaecologist has prescribed me thyroxin since i hv hypothyroid but he didn't prescribe any med for PCOD and assured me that my period problem would be cured only when my thyroid gets normal. Do i have to face any problem in pregnancy in future. Plz help!
PCOD + HYPOTHYROIDISM
thanks for the query to HCM,
If you have been diagnosed with both PCOD and hypothyroidism and have been amenorrhoeic since so long , is it 2003 0r 2013.?
if its 2003 then it is likely that there has to be a chromosomal cause or aneuploidy involved leading to abnormal karyotype which shall require evaluation.
but if you have had periods earlier before 2013 if it is , then outlet tract obstruction is ruled out and first you should be treated for hypothyroidism as you are for atleast 3 months before starting treatment for PCOD.
It is likely that periods may resume with correction of thyroid levels.
Pcod doesn't cause amenorrhoea but causes delayed menses hence, once periods start then the treatment can be started concomitantly with thyroxine as well. The commonest treatment is oral contraceptive pills, low dose for at least 6 months to regularize menses and androgen levels. also important is to achieve a BMI of 23-24 kg/m2 which decreases insulin resistance and helps curb down PCOD symptoms.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for post pill amenorrhea
- Have vomiting amenorrhea suggested feminol and estrogen explain situation
- Natural treatment for amenorrhea
- Ultrasound shows ovarian cysts have hirsutism and amenorrhea best treatment
- Treatment of amenorrhea with diane35 for 3months
- Amenorrhea treatment birth control followed by clomid
- Secondary amenorrhea
- Trying to conceive secondary amenorrhea menstruation only on medication treatment
- Endometriosis amenorrhea
- Treatment and cure for Amenorrhea
- Is pregnancy possible without ovulation?
- Is pregnancy possible due to sex on 8th day from menstruation?
- At what age does a girl start to ovulate ?
- Is chemical hair straightening safe for a breast feeding woman?
- Can i have abdominal hysterectomy despite having IBS?
- What causes discomfort and pain in pelvic region?
- How to determine the expected date of delivery using last menstrual period?
- What does my ultrasound report suggest?
- Suggest treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Suggest treatment for Rubella infection