Suggest treatment for alopecia areata

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i just want to know i got alopecia areata i think and i know how could i get over it ?? and find a treatment for it please
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Intralesional triamcinolone acetonide is drug of choice

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you again for writing to us.

Intralesional injection of triamcinolone acetonide 10 mg/ ml, is treatment of choice for patches of alopecia areata.
The injection may be repeated after 3 weeks.

Other treatment options are topical minoxidil solution, topical potent steroids, topical dithranol etc

Treatment modalities may be combined for optimal results e.g patches may be injected with triamcinolone acetonide in doctors's office as well as the patient may be asked to use topical minoxidil solution, twice daily.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist