Suggest treatment for allergy in an infant

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi Sir,

my daughter is 5 years old. whenever I give her bath with herbal power, and next day she us getting rashes/ red spots on most of her body
after 1 or 2 days it goes of. is it any kind of allergic.?? attached the pics. I had given bath with herbal power yesterday and morning I have observed mild spots. now it's more.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Allergic reaction

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. The symptoms you mentioned are suggestive of allergic reaction which most probably is due to herbal powder. I would suggest you to avoid using it in future else it might aggravate the allergic response. Whenever there is allergic reaction then it results in such symptoms (rash, itching &/or fever) which gradually gets resolved over few days. Acute management includes giving antihistamine (cetirizine) suspension.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 8 minutes later
can I try home made herbal power or this will also have reaction
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can try

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank you for the follow-up query. Yes, you can try home made herbal powder and try in small quantity first. If no reaction occurs then you can use that.

Thank You