Suggest treatment for allergy caused by a bee sting

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I was stung by a bee Thursday evening on the bottom of my right foot. Removed stinger, iced and Benadryl gel after. Went to bed, woke up with flu symptoms including fever. Spent the next day in bed, with ibu's, ice, Benadryl gel. Today, I feel better except for my foot still very swollen XXXXXXX blisters. This afternoon my right lymph nodes in my groin area are very swollen. Will my body take care of this or do I need medical attention.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Swelling is due to allergic reaction

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

Following bee sting there could be persistent swelling of affected limb and occasionally of affected lymph node which is due to Type I allergic hypersensitivity reaction to bee sting. The swelling will gradually subside and there is no cause for concern.
I would suggest you bed rest and elevation of affected limb by placing it on two pillows which will reduce the swelling.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Shobha Deepak
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 7 minutes later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX

Thank you for the quick information. I will keep doing what I am and not worry about the very swollen grion lymph nodes.
Healthy regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take Care

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms

Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy life.

Take Care

Best Regards
Shobha