Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for allergic skin reaction

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
hi doc,i often get skin rashes with itc
hing,redness n swilen, autimaticaky disapears in 10 mints.lso smtyms wdout itching ma,skin gets red and swolen
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us.

According to your information, it is mostly suggestive of allergic reaction from dust particle, chemical subs or environmental factor.

Some tests will be worthwhile like Complete Blood Count (TC/ DC/ ESR), Serum IgE, Blood sugar (PPBS) etc. I suggest to consult with local physician for proper guidance regarding this.

MANAGEMENT: 1) Bathing two times daily with anti-bacterial soap or Savlon solution (mixed in water). Wear clean and cotton dress only. Maintain hygiene.

2) You must stay away from room dust, smoking, chemical product/ detergent, allergen foods (egg, brinjal, crab, prawn, shellfish etc), specific drug causing allergic reaction, insect sting etc.

Use Vacuum Cleaner to remove dust particle and allergen subs. Use insect killer and Air freshener to modify room environment.

3) I suggest to take LEVOCETIRIZINE (once daily) and use CALAMINE lotion or ALOE VERA gel for soothing effect. Don't scratch the area.

1% Hydrocortisone cream can be applied if symptoms persist despite of above protocol. Supportive treatment may be required according to test report.

SUGGESTION: Kindly, visit to your local physician for clinical examination and take complete prescription.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr S Patra

For future query, you can directly approach me through
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor