Suggest treatment for allergic skin reaction

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
hi doc,i often get skin rashes with itc
hing,redness n swilen,skin.it autimaticaky disapears in 10 mints.lso smtyms wdout itching ma,skin gets red and swolen
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
ALLERGIC REACTION. FOLLOW THE ADVICE.

Detailed Answer:

According to your information, it is mostly suggestive of allergic reaction from dust particle, chemical subs or environmental factor.

Some tests will be worthwhile like Complete Blood Count (TC/ DC/ ESR), Serum IgE, Blood sugar (PPBS) etc. I suggest to consult with local physician for proper guidance regarding this.

MANAGEMENT: 1) Bathing two times daily with anti-bacterial soap or Savlon solution (mixed in water). Wear clean and cotton dress only. Maintain hygiene.

2) You must stay away from room dust, smoking, chemical product/ detergent, allergen foods (egg, brinjal, crab, prawn, shellfish etc), specific drug causing allergic reaction, insect sting etc.

Use Vacuum Cleaner to remove dust particle and allergen subs. Use insect killer and Air freshener to modify room environment.

3) I suggest to take LEVOCETIRIZINE (once daily) and use CALAMINE lotion or ALOE VERA gel for soothing effect. Don't scratch the area.

1% Hydrocortisone cream can be applied if symptoms persist despite of above protocol. Supportive treatment may be required according to test report.

SUGGESTION: Kindly, visit to your local physician for clinical examination and take complete prescription.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr S Patra

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326