Suggest treatment for allergic rhinitis

Excellent

Question
Hi so I noticed about a month ago when thev weather changed here in la that my throat began to get sore at night and a little in the morning time and now 2 weeks later my mouth is dry as well! My mouth is dry all the time and I have no Idea why, I brush regularly and I also brush my tongue. I also noticed anincreased amount of dried buggers in my nose and that when I take sudifed it takes away my my throat problem but doesn't help with the dry mouth
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I need further details

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query in detail. I understand your concern.
You seems to be suffering from Allergic Rhinitis associated with Post Nasal drip and Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease.

I need following details to help you better:
1.Any fever?
2.Any dry cough specially in morning hours?
3.Any running nose?
4.Any acidity or food reflux?
5.Do you smoke or consume alcohol?
6.Do you snore in night?

This is my best advise for you based on available details.
Revert with the answers of the questions and If you have any further query, feel free to ask me.
Stay Healthy.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for allergic rhinitis 11 minutes later
No fever even tho I have felt flushed recently, and definitely dry cough in the morning depending on how cold it was the night before as well as coughing up moucus of a yellow -ish color and depending on how cold or hot it was that night it can be thick or thin in consistency more often than not tho its thicker, I don't drink and I don't have any fever although a couple timestimes last week I felt flushed or feverish but when I took my twmp I was normal I kust felt hot. No nasal drip unless the weathers really cold and I mean it has to be really cold! I don't snord I sleep with my mouth closed and I also have asthma. No acid reflux but I did notice my chest burn a couples time seperatly before for no resson

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow as advised.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
I advise you following:
1. To take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day.
2. To take Anti allergic like Levocetrizine 5 mg once a day.
3. To put 2 drops of Nasal Saline Drops in each nostril every night.
4. To take lot of water.

I am sure this is going to help you.
Discuss with your doctor, start on this treatment and revert back to me after 15 days.
Stay Healthy.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for allergic rhinitis 4 minutes later
So what do you think it is? Also seperatly my tongue has been a little white and ehen I stick out my tongue I notice the endents from my teeth on the side of my tongue and my tongue is very dry u think my tongue is swollen or something?

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
GERD is very likely.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Dry cough specially in morning, dryness of mouth and white coated tongue goes in favor of Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).
That is why i have added you a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone. This should help you.
In case you have associated dryness of eyes, let me know.
If you have any further query please ask me, else close the discussion and rate it.
Stay Healthy.