Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for allergic rhinitis associated with ear infection

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 3613 Questions
My son has one ear that is bright red and he's had a runny nose and has been fussier than normal but hasn't been running a fever We are out of town right now and can't get to his Dr, do I need to take him to the DR?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: No worries but do consult Detailed Answer: Good day XXXX Thank you for asking. My name is Dr S Khan and i would like to help you with your one year old son's runny nose and red ear. XXXX these symptoms are classic presentation of allergic rhinitis associated with ear infection. Miss kitkat these symptoms are very common and innocuous in children because of straighten eustachian tube ( tube connecting mouth and ears) resulting is these symptoms. All your kid would need is Some tea spoonfulls of Amoxil syrup and Nasal decongestants with ear drops. And change the posture for baby's feed in future and avoid feeding them milk or any thing in lying position as these practices have been reported very common reason for these infections. SO in Nut shell You have nothing to worry about but seeking paediatrician's consult is a good thing. SO what if you are out. There are paediatricians every where. They will tell you the same i did. Your baby will be fine. Take good care of your baby and yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please. Regards Dr S Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor