Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to penicillin
Treatment for Zombieness:
Hello and welcome,
I am sorry you are having trouble. I am an advocate of alternative treatments, and I know of people who have benefited from homeopathic preparations (including animals who have benefited from it), but personally I find that people who are very sensitive can have untoward reactions.
Sometimes people have what are called in homeopathy "provings" where the right preparation causes the symptoms to come out. In other cases, it is the wrong preparation and a person has side effects.
Depending on the strength of the preparation you received, there is likely not much or any of actual penicillin in the preparation but the "energy" or essence of the penicillin. That doesn't mean it hasn't made you sick!
Mint, such as peppermint, is to be avoided with homeopathic preparations because it neutralizes or deactivates the preparation. So, given that information, perhaps taking some peppermint and also smelling it, will undo the energy effects of the homeopathic medicine? It's worth a try.
This is generally out of the realm of conventional doctors' expertise. I know some things about homeopathy from personal use (which I quit because of side effects) and from studying about it. You may want to ask the naturopath what to do, also. But in the meantime, smell and eat or drink peppermint. Possibilities are peppermint tea, peppermint candies, peppermint food flavoring for cooking or other sources of real mint.
I do hope this helps. Good luck to you.
Antihistamine is fine.
If there was any remnants of penicillin in the preparation, an antihistamine is a good idea. It shouldn't hurt.
Good night XXXXXXX
If you have no further questions I can help with, go ahead and close the discussion as it can only be closed from your side. Thanks and good luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction due to singulair dose
- Treatments to allergic reaction to astroglide
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to gentamicin
- Suggest treatment for throat pain caused by allergic reaction
- Allergic reaction to bactrim treatment
- Allergic reaction to neosporin treatment
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction on the perineum
- Suggest treatment for idiopathic allergic reaction
- Treatment and cure for penicillin allergic reaction
- Suggest treatment for skin rash due to allergic reaction