Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
It seems you have got an allergic reaction to Azithromycin.
In such scenario i advise to take Anti allergic like Lecocetrizine 5 mg once a day for 3 days. If the swellings persists or increases in size you might require short course steroid.
So I prefer to start my patient on Levocetrizine and then keep a watch. If swelling increased in size I give a short course of steroid.
And always mention to your doctor that you are allergic to Macrolide Group of antibiotics.
If you have any further query please ask me.
My son is good now.
but yesterday I saw around the place where he passes stool, the one layer of skin coming out and is a bit painful to him.
What would be the reason?
It might be a result of some local infection.
I can comment better if you could send me the photograph of the concerned area as an examination and history is required for such cases
Revert back with photograph.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction due to singulair dose
- Treatments to allergic reaction to astroglide
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to gentamicin
- Allergic reaction to azithromycin in child treatment
- Suggest treatment for throat pain caused by allergic reaction
- Azithral allergic reaction treatment
- Allergic reaction to bactrim treatment
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction on the perineum
- Suggest treatment for idiopathic allergic reaction
- Suggest treatment for skin rash due to allergic reaction
- What is the window period for HIV test post exposure?
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
- Does Bayer Aspirin cause burping?
- What causes clear discharge and strong smelling urine?
- What causes chest pain with normal ECG report?
- Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- What causes leg pain in sleep?
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C in a heart patient
- Suggest treatment for acute bronchitis
- What causes sore neck and heavy head post head oil massage?