Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Amoxicillin
While on Amoxicillin I developed a couple of side effects that might indicate an allergic reaction including swollen lips (one day), swollen lymph nodes that came and went, and periodic laboured breathing.
I finished my course of antibiotics yesterday. Is there anything I should be doing for the allergic reaction? ie is there a concern I need to get checked out, or is terminating the antibiotic sufficient to avoid allergic reactions?
Current allergic reaction does not need any action.
Thank you for the query.
First of all you should get tested for possible allergy to this antibiotic. Finishing the course of antibiotic should stop the current allergic reaction. From your description it is not intense reaction. If there is no shortness of breath right now, no rash, legs or lips swelling, no need to do anything with current reaction.
However, for the future knowledge, you should consult allergologist and get tested for antibiotics allergies.
If its about chronic cough, please note that GERD is in 80% associated with asthma. The main symptom of asthma is cough which tends to be productive. It may get worse after some physical activity.
Now, for asthma diagnostics, you need to consult pulmunologist and have spirometry (blow test) done.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction due to singulair dose
- Treatments to allergic reaction to astroglide
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to gentamicin
- Suggest treatment for throat pain caused by allergic reaction
- Allergic reaction to bactrim treatment
- Allergic reaction to neosporin treatment
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction on the perineum
- Suggest treatment for idiopathic allergic reaction
- Allergic reaction to naproxen treatment
- Suggest treatment for skin rash due to allergic reaction
- Nausea and hunger after eating, waking up at night hungry, urge to...
- Pain inside anus during bowel movement. Is Xyloproct or preparation H...
- Bad odor in belly button, red substance inside, oozing pus
- Pain in front of arm and at wrist under thumb, swelling and throbbing....
- Chest tightness when walking, upper back discomfort, heartburn, no...
- Lump in chest, painful, have pain in ribs and lower back
- Done hernia repair in belly button, have cramp on right side,...
- Frostbite wound on chest from blister freezer. Itching and peeling off....
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, blood in urine. What do I do?
- Is triple action viriliy purchase thru new vitality safe?