Suggest treatment for allergic reaction in the ear
allergic reaction in the ear.
Hi, thanks for your query.
There are few symptoms that differentiates and allergic and infective ear condition. Whenever there is ear infection, there will be pain, ear block, pus/ discharge from ears, ringing sensation in ears. Allergy of ears causes more of itching of the ear canal and sometimes eczematous reaction of the skin. If your doctors are sure this is related to allergies, then antibiotics has no role. You will need antihistamines.
If I were your treating doctor, I would have prescribed antihistamines with steroid ointment for a week for ear allergy. If you also have nasal symptoms, then steam inhalation along with nasal decongestants will work.
Hope my answers have helped you.
Pleased to help you further. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction due to singulair dose
- Treatments to allergic reaction to astroglide
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to gentamicin
- Suggest treatment for throat pain caused by allergic reaction
- Allergic reaction to bactrim treatment
- Allergic reaction to neosporin treatment
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction on the perineum
- Suggest treatment for idiopathic allergic reaction
- Allergic reaction to naproxen treatment
- Suggest treatment for skin rash due to allergic reaction