Suggest treatment for allergic coughing and sneezing

Pulmonologist
Question
I am suffering for weather related allergies. My family physician says there is nothing that can be done to completely fix it. Dust, humidity and some more allergens, trigger coughing and non stop sneezing. The sneezing, usually accompanied with slight phlem, doesn't stop for hours sometimes leaving me exhausted and sometimes with slight temperature.
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergies can be controlled but usually cannot be

Detailed Answer:

Hello XXXXXXX

It is clear from your symptoms that you have allergies and you may be allergic to more than one thing in your environment.

Allergies can be controlled but usually cannot be cured or eradicated completely.

First and foremost, you must avoid all the known allergens as much as you can.

You have to take antiallergens of which you are already taking levocetrizen. You may change from one antihistaminic to other like fexofenadine, loratadine et,

Add a monteleukast to the regimen. In fact a combination of monteleukast and levocetrizen is available in the market by the name of montair lc or telecast lc.

For sneezing, use nasal spray like flixonase or metaspray.

For coughing, nebulize your self with duolin and budecort respules or take a seroflo inhaler.

If still you are troubled, take a short course of oral steroids. For proper medication, consult your physician.

Do you have excessive acidty? This can make your symptoms worse. Hence take a Pan 40 or sompraz daily.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for allergic coughing and sneezing 9 minutes later
Are there any foods/supplements that I can take to enhance the immunity against the allergens.. I have tried montair as well in the past.. Everything short of steroids, which I am not willing to take.
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take healthy nutritious diet and a vitamin supplem

Detailed Answer:

Take healthy nutritious diet which should include correct mix of carbs, fat and proteins along with fruits, vegetables and some dry fruits. A healthy diet automatically boosts the immunity. There are no particular diets that may boost immunity or control allergy. However you may take a vitamin supplements and try vit C (Celin) for some time.

Try and do some deep breathing exercises, walking in the fresh air and also change your bed linen frequently along with allowing fresh air in your room.