Suggest treatment for allergic asthma

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: My grandson has raised papules on his extremeties that appeared two days after going to a sky zone play park. They are not on his face nor the trunk of his body. He states that the papules don't itch nor hurt. He is complaining of a stomach ache however. He also has a history of peanut and seafood allergies requiring him to carry an epi pen as well as allergic asthma. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would need some more info.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

I would need some more info to guide you better.

1) Can you please artach a snap or papules?
2) Is there any pus or discharge in them?
3) Are then changing size?
4) Is there any possibility that they were present even before the visit to park?
5) Any medicine tried?

waiting for your response specially snap.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 2 hours later
I will post a picture of the papules once I learn how to do a posting. Do you know how I can upload a picture?
There is no discharge
They are not changing size, however some of them are drying up.
No, they were not present prior to visiting the park. They appeared two days after visiting the park. Both of siblings expressed feeling of malaise after visiting the park as well, but neither of them got the papules.
Have given him Benadryl 25 mg capsules bid and rubbed some allegra cream on him after giving him a bath tonight.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be simple allergy .

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for writing back, I have seen the picture closely it is some sort of an allergy with something, may be type of plant or any bug or something.

You are doing the right thing by applying cream and benedryl ...This should dry up and slough off soon, there shouldn't be any problem in this.

I would suggest you not to panic and wait for a week to see the effect of benedryl in my opinioj it should subside by then.

Beat regards.

Dr.Ahmad
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 10 hours later
Thank you. I took him to an Urgent Care center today and the provider diagnosed him as having contact dermatitis. He was given a prednisone taper.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
As I said its allergy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for writing back , yes contact dermatitis is allergy due to contacts as i mentioned there can be plants grass ir anything which could have caused it,it will settle in 2..3 days there shouldn't be any problems.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad