Suggest treatment for alcohol addiction
I am addicted for alcohol since last 3 year but want to leave it.I have also tried but i lose my determination power and take drink .Kindly suggest the medicine for me.
Height 5.9 inch Wight 83 KG .No other problem in my body.
Need to take medicines for de addiction
Hi dear ,
Thank you for your query.
First of all i would like to ask you for what reason you started again alcohol , it is due to craving for alcohol or due to withdrawal symptoms you have?
As you are ready to quit it by yourself is suggestive of good motivation.
There are various types of medicines to quit alcohol.
1. For withdrawal symptoms after quitting of alcohol like tremors, nausea, vomiting, anxiety symptoms, sleep disturbances, etc...
medicines like Lorazepam, clonazepam, chlordiazepoxide helps a lot.
2. For alcohol craving medicines like naltrexone, acamprosate etc..
3. Also need to take vitamin thiamine as in alcohol patients this vitamin is depleted.
4.One more medicine helps for alcohol de-addiction which is known as aversion treatment named disulfiram but it has risk of alcohol disulfiram reaction.
Need of psychotherapy with medicines to improve your determination.
Since how long you are taking alcohol and in what amount??
Also advice you to do certain tests like liver function test and ultrasound of abdomen.
Consult local psychiatrist for detail history and treatment.
Started the alcohol before 6 year ago with collage friend like 2 can beer etc on weekend or twice in month afterward started the job in 2008 where i met with new friends which was regular drinker and which society make me addicted for drink on alternate days quantity of approx 1/2 bottle of whiskey .
But now i am personally want to leave it but addiction level is too high so reach again for drink.
I think that it will effect my carrier and now i am working at Videocon d2h as Assistant manager sales in XXXXXXX U.P.
As per your guideline which medicine is best as per mention on your reply .
Start with medicines which helps in withdrawal effect
As per my guideline you can start thiamine with long acting benzodiazepins like cholrdizepoxide or diazepam.
Do liver function test and ultrasound of abdomen and if any abnormality in tests start lorazepam.
Also need to admit in nursing home for few days and need to do psychotherapy for improve motivation and determination.
After withdrawal symptoms improved, we will start anti craving medicines.
Consult local psychiatrist and discuss.
If you continue drinking alcohol it will affects your job and health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe heroin addict
- Suggest treatment for suboxone addiction
- Suggest treatment for de-addiction of alcohol
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for alcohol addicton
- Do ayurvedic medicines help in treatment of alcohol addiction
- Suggest treatment for addiction to oxycotton and oxcycodon
- Suggest treatment for alcoholic addiction
- Alcohol addiction treatment centers
- Treatment for alcohol addiction