Suggest treatment for albumin in urine
need more details
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern.
1. Is/ was presence of albumin persistent or for a short period.
PS. was it diagnosed as microalbuminuria or macroalbuminuria?
2. If it was transient it can be due to physical exertion or fever and/or going by your age,  do let me know whether you are suffering from any disease conditions which affect the permeability or filtering capacity of the kidneys like:
. high blood sugar.
. high blood pressure
. high cholesterol
. any inflammatory disease or infection with hepatitis?
. any kidney related problem?
. use of pain killers or family history of kidney disease?
PS. Age >60 years have physiological presence of albumin in urine.
3. Were any investigation [blood profile/renal sonogram] done apart from urine test?
4. Do revert back with any possibility for specific treatment and dietary regime from Ayurveda.
Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
The test was a one time event done 11/10/2014: No specific diagnosis.
Microalbumin Random Urine Result 61.3, Ref. Range <15, Units ug/ml
Microalbumin Creatinine Ratio Result 45.9, Ref. Range <30, Units ug/mg
Creatinine Random Urine Result 133.5, Ref. Range 0, Units mg/dL
Blood Pressure 118/56
Type II Diabetes 30 years
no use of pain killers
no family history of kidney disease or kidney related problem
hepatitis 30 years ago.
Question 4, yes I want to know the Ayurvedic treatment and dietary regime
Question 3, answer: NO, perhaps I should have that done?
No other diagnosis
Are you able to use a different email address for me? If so please use: YYYY@YYYY
Thank you very much, XXXXXXX Kaymen
Thanks for reverting back.
1. Since you have long standing history of Diabetes [30 years] and your HbA1c is slightly out of range [Normal is 4-6%], thus it can be deduced that likely possibility is of changes in the kidney due to either:
. poorly controlled blood sugar [do let me know about present level, both fasting and after meals]
. long standing effects of diabetes on kidney resulting in Diabetic Nephropathy.
2. Prophylactic measures which you can incorporate is/are:
. Avoid Addiction
. Monitor your blood pressure regularly
. Renal Function Tests should be done on regular basis
. Maintain hydration status, but if you notice any swelling in hands/feet/face it has to be restricted
. Avoid salt rich diet.
PS. please access your alternate mail address which you have provided
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for blood in urine
- Natural albumin urea treatment
- Treatment of high albumin in pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for frequesnt urination
- Treatment with albumin
- Treatment of albumin trace urine
- Pregnancy with albumin trace in urine/ treatment
- Treatment for albumin in urine during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for frequent urination
- Treatment of increased albumin in urine
- Taking muesli extra capsule. Feeling drowsy. Is this due to medicine?
- Facing sweating, heat rashes and irritation at groin area in summer. How...
- Having stomach irritation with bad odour from sweat. Is there any relation?
- Can we clean our kidney by drinking cilantro juice?
- Digestion is very bad, having many dark spots and pimples. Suggest?
- Trying to conceive, tube blocked and other open. Had laproscopy for...
- Feeling lot of pain in heel and related muscles. Ayurvedic treatment?
- Taking ayurvedic medication. Planning to stop actiblok due to dill...
- Can home made cough syrup be used for 2 years old for cough and cold?
- Suffering with sensorineural hearing loss due to tumour behing both...