Suggest treatment for adult ADHD

Excellent
Question
Hi. Thanks for reading my question. I'm in a bit of a quandary. I have seeing a psychiatrist regularly for almost 24 months. I have previously been diagnosed as having ADHD, and was prescribed dexamphetamines. I abused them at the time, 8 years ago, and was refused further tx by my doctor. I have been honest with my current psych. He agrees that I have ADHD, yet only allows me to be prescribed naltrexone and SSRI in combination for symptomatic relief. I am also currently taking Antabuse. I am due to cease naltrexone in 2/52 due to Australian Govt regulations. I have briefly discussed a non stimulant medication, yet he is concerned that Antabuse and non stimulant meds are contra prescribing indicators, due to hepatic impairment. I am very thankful for my current psych, yet he stated that prescribing me stimulants would "be like waiving a red flag in front of a bull." I am 42 years old, female, and work in a tertiary hospital. I feel that in being honest and disclosing my mhx and shx, I have now jeopardised my opportunity to access treatment. How do I broach this subject with my current doctor without him believing that I am demonstrating drug seeking behaviour? What about slow release medication? I just want to function at my capacity...
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
here is the solution

Detailed Answer:
Medication is a tool, not a cure for adult ADHD.
It depends on trust you build with your doctor whether he will agree with you to prescribe the stimulent medicine.
You have some options like-
Medium acting: methylphenidate sustained release (Metadate CD, Metadate ER, Methylin ER, Ritalin LA, Ritalin SR).
Some other treatments that address emotional and behavioral issues and teach you new coping skills may help.
Try to exercise on most days.
Pick something enjoyable, so you’ll stick with it.
Get out into nature.
Better sleep, Eating right can help you regulate adult ADHD symptoms.
Relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation are effective treatment for adult ADHD.
Drug chemists are now trying to make it more difficult to discontinue naltrexone by providing it in the form of an injection under the skin for slow release over a period of several weeks.
Hope you may ask your doctor about that also.
Feel free to ask any further query.