Suggest treatment for adrenal fatigue
I have had a bowel resection in 1994 and 2009
Zoloft 100mg daily
Purinethol 40mg daily (Metacapurine)
Humira 40mg pen every 2 weeks
I was taking Prednisone 50mg for around 4 to 5 weeks back around 6 months ago and then stopped abruptly. (My GP was unaware of me taking it. I found an old script and felt my Crohn's could do with some help. Bad decision I know!!!!)
Ever since I have had acne which looks like cystic acne and it wont go away even with taking Staphylex 500 which was prescribed by my GP. I have been taking Staphylex for 2 weeks and im still breaking out.
I'm suspecting an adrenal issue.
Should I request a test from my GP for Adrenal issue or start Prednisone again for a few weeks and slowly decrease dosage to get the adrenal working correctly again?
You can take antibiotics from cephalosporin or quinolones group.
Welcome to health care magic,
The treatment you are taking for crohn's disease is good and you can continue with that.
The clinical photographs you have uploaded are seems to be a multiple boils or carbuncle rather than just a acne.
You could also say it as a cystic acne because cystic acne is also a type of boil that is formed when oil ducts become clogged and infected.
Boils are commonly due to bacterial infection (mostly staphylococcal) in a person with Problems with the immune system,Poor nutrition or Poor hygiene etc but it has nothing to do with adrenal issue or adrenal fatigue.
Tab.staphylex 500mg (Flucloxacillin) is a narrow-spectrum beta-lactam antibiotic of the penicillin class and if it is not effective to cure cystic acne then you can take broad spectrum antibiotics like cephlaosporins or fluroquinolones as per your doctor's advise.
It would be advisable that you consult dermatologist for complete medical history and proper diagnosis of the underlying cause of cystic acne or boils rather than suspecting yourself.
Thanks and Regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Adrenal fatigue and vitamin d
- Medical treatment for adrenal fatigue
- Smokeless tobacco an adrenal fatigue
- Dothiepin and adrenal fatigue
- Underweight adrenal fatigue
- Vasovagal syncope and adrenal fatigue
- Suggest treatment for severe adrenal fatigue
- Adrenal fatigue and hypothyroidism treatment
- Treatment and cure for adrenal fatigue
- Treatment for adrenal fatigue syndrome
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?